Sonntag, 7. März 2010

Berlin, Berlin...

So... I'm in the German capital right now and I am having a really good time so far. Everything is great, except for the icy weather (it snowed yesterday!) and the fact that all the stores are closed on Sunday, which gives me the choice between hanging out at home, going to see a movie or going to a museum. I couldn't really decide yet!
Yesterday I went to take a stroll in the hippest quarter of Berlin- Prenzlauer Berg. I've been coming to Berlin for years now and even though I've always planned to go there, I've never had the time. Now, I absolutely cannot believe what I missed out on! I was really amazed... there were lots of small boutiques which had stuff that was totally different than all the mainstream shit that's sold in all the shopping centers, all the young and fresh designers of Berlin have their stores and showrooms there, plus, there are lots and lots of really stylish small cafés where you can relax after a long day of shopping. Also, I saw sooo many incredibly stylish people, I cannot believe how I, as a blogger, did not take my camera with me!!
This is exactly why I love Berlin. The people are comfortable and most of them have their own, individual style. Whether you like it or not, that's a different question, but they definitely are individual! Also, there's a tolerance that totally (!!!) lacks in Turkey. You can basically walk around however you want, and no one will stare at you. I saw a girl who was really punk-ish , dressed in ripped neon green leggings, an electric pink shirt, and next to her was her father who was a totally normal guy. If you imagine the same scenario in Istanbul, everyone would look at them reeealllyy weird and he would probably forbid her to walk around like that in the first place.. cause you dare not stand out of the crowd, you gotta look like everyone else, you know??
I find the people who don't give a damn about what others think or say about them very inspiring. I mean seriously, who cares? The people who take a weird look at you and mingle something and giggle afterwards are those who don't have a sense of style or any kind of self-esteem, who don't dare to be different, who need to wear the same clothes and say the same things and go to the same places and listen to the same music and believe in the same things like everyone else in their social circle because they don't have the guts to stand out. They don't dare to be different because they hide in the crowd, which is safe because no one notices you and no one criticizes you. But, you know...

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen